Pages

Saturday, September 01, 2007

3 Day Novel: Day 1 - 9:59am

HOUSE RULES SEPT. 1-3


RULE # 1: Don’t ask Carol about writing

RULE # 2: Don’t ask Carol about writing!

RULE # 3: Don’t speak to Carol unless spoken to

RULE # 4: Do not enter Carol’s office

RULE # 5: Carol does not take phone calls or interviews

RULE # 6: There should always be coffee available

RULE # 7: Carol is not home

I think I may have accidentally broken RULE #3 by saying "Good Morning", "hey" and "breakfast" to Carol. I am attempting to trod more carefully. The coffee pot is less than 1/4 full, so I'll have to go make a fresh pot shortly.

I hardly slept at all last night for some reason. Ended up playing around on Facebook for an hour around 4 am and tried to sleep on the couch. I'd say I'm lucky if I managed 3 hours total last night. The girls are down for their morning nap, so I have a small window of time to get things ready for the next part of the day.

So far all is silent apart from the occasional thump emanating from Carol's office. She took her breakfast with notebook in hand (she's writing longhand) and iPod in place. I was told last night she had put a few new songs on her iPod including track #2 from the South Park Movie CD. I hope it is inspiring 'cause I have that song stuck in my head now.

Point of Interest - a post it note in Carol's handwriting stuck to the mirror outside the bathroom reading "Please clean tub". I have done so.

No comments: